• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

USA Made Kabuki on Ann Arbor, MI CL

dgwojo

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Not mine for sure, I like two way Altecs;

Ann Arbor CL Kabuki's

speakers - $800 (Ann Arbor)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-12, 9:02PM EDT
Reply to: sale-jwxbj-1320320762@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Two (2) very large speakers that I built. Each speaker 4 feet tall, 2 feet wide and 1 foot deep. Each speaker has 12 speakers; 3 10" speakers and 1 12" speaker, 4 horns and 4 tweeters. They need a lot of power. They are carpeted with Berber carpeting on the sides and back. At the corners it doesn't look perfect, but it looks ok. I will test them if you want me to. If you have any questions send an email to chewy101@rocketmail.com.


Location: Ann Arbor
 

Attachments

  • AA_Kabuki_CL_01.jpg
    AA_Kabuki_CL_01.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 48
Register to hide this ad
This is interesting -- $800? I'll be curious if they sell. There are plenty of people who think more is better, but how many of them have 800 bucks? And for homemade speakers?
To say nothing of Berber carpeting -- what, he couldn't find rich Corinthian leather?
 
I wonder if they make your ears bleed as much as they make your eyes bleed?

Honestly... there is something about these that make me want to give them a listen.... wonder what drivers are in it.. cause $800 seems kinda steep unless there is something tasty in them...
 
...test...

''I will test them if you want me to.''

Nah...I'll just hand you $800.00 and take my chances :twak:
 
You'd think that that many drivers, you ought to get a volume discount...
 
He made these himself and not one boast how great they sound, just a sense of pride that they are covered with carpet (albeit with a wistful tone about the corner) :scratch2:
 
I'd swear I've seen these before, posted on AK. Like he was trying to sell them last year. Coulda been a different train wreck.
 
I can't help but wonder how the drivers are wired. In parallel or in series? You know there can't be a crossover in there...

Martin
 
There is only one thing he left out, who mentored him -

phil_spector.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom