I have a Rotel RX-603 stereo receiver from the 1970s and a pair of Linton Wharfdale 3XP speakers.
What improvement would I see if I replaced my BDP-S780 Blu-ray player for something like the Leak CDT plus a Topping D50s DAC?
Also, these outputs are the ones I have on the Sony BDP s780, so I could bypass its onboard DAC and just buy the Topping D50s:
Just wondering what the upgrade paths are from here, and incremental cost/benefit analysis.
I’m also interested whether in the 12 years or so since I bought this Blu-ray player, there have been advancements in CD players’ ability to “correct” or “overlook” scratches, as that would be a significant reason to buy a new player/transport.
What improvement would I see if I replaced my BDP-S780 Blu-ray player for something like the Leak CDT plus a Topping D50s DAC?
Also, these outputs are the ones I have on the Sony BDP s780, so I could bypass its onboard DAC and just buy the Topping D50s:

Just wondering what the upgrade paths are from here, and incremental cost/benefit analysis.
I’m also interested whether in the 12 years or so since I bought this Blu-ray player, there have been advancements in CD players’ ability to “correct” or “overlook” scratches, as that would be a significant reason to buy a new player/transport.