• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Using a Sunfire sub with a Eico ST40

iplagolf

Well-Known Member
Had a thread about subwoofers a few weeks ago, best, what would you use, etc. Did some research and bought a Sunfire SDS-8, Bob Carver design, subwoofer. It has RCA input jacks. The Eico has screws on a speaker strip. The Eico has a center speaker port. My thoughts are/were to integrate the subwoofer into the center speaker port. The sub is adjustable from 50 Hz, 100 Hz, 150 Hz with its own power amp. I'm going to make up a female RCA jack to forked plug end to accommodate the sub. Since this is a "mono" hook up the directions say to use the sub/LFE output (center speaker) to L/LFE input (sub). My thoughts are the signal from the amp (bass) will be processed by the sub in the desired range and boost the bass. It's going to be a few days before I can hook the sub up, but am I on the right track or off the mark? If you have an older amp, tube or SS, how did you hook yours up? Thanks, Fritz
 
Register to hide this ad
I think you confused me. How are you trying to hook up the sub? You mean you are trying to run a cable from the Eico's speakers output to the Sunfire's RCA input?
If that's the case- DON"T!
The speaker outputs will damage the subwoofer. The RCA's aren't speaker level, meaning they don't carry the same type of signal. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a more detailed explanation.
 
Back
Top Bottom