• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Using BA-2000 for new speakers

3mar67

Member
I've got a new pair of Paradigm Studio speakers. I was thinking of maybe powering them with a vintage amp rather than a brand new amp or receiver. Would something like the BA-2000 do a good job? Is anyone using vintage amps to power modern speakers? Any one know how a vintage Sansui amp would stack up against something "modern" like Anthem or Rotel, etc.? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
3mar67 said:
I've got a new pair of Paradigm Studio speakers. I was thinking of maybe powering them with a vintage amp rather than a brand new amp or receiver. Would something like the BA-2000 do a good job? Is anyone using vintage amps to power modern speakers? Any one know how a vintage Sansui amp would stack up against something "modern" like Anthem or Rotel, etc.? Thanks.


Not a problem. As long as the speakers have a impedenace compatible with the vintage amp there should be nothing from keeping it from being a kick ass system. Why do you think so many of us here are vintage nuts :thmbsp:

Lefty
 
I run a pair of Polk RT-55i's with an AU-719. Love it.
I have tried new $500 receivers and returned them. You would have to spend thousands on new equipment to beat the vintage. IMO

Rob
 
No problem with the BA-2000. You could also look for an Adcom GFA 555 or 555 II. Or a Denon POA 2200/2400/2800. All the amps I mentioned have 200 WPC into 8 ohms.

Which Paradigm Studio speakers did you get? I love the 100's. :yes:
 
Duffinator, I got the Studio 40's...couldn't afford 100's. Thanks for the responses guys. I listened to my old G-6000 for the first time in 15 years and had forgotten how great it sounded. So, now I might just look for a vintage amp instead of something new.
 
Paradigm Studio 40's might be a better bet for some vintage amps. According to the specs they are more effecient than the 100's. They seem to be better for my AU-9900 than the 100's.
 
I run Polk Monitor 50's with a Sansui 771......pretty darn nice combination,
all in all.......I have an older pair of Monitor 10's that sound good, as well,
but the efficient 50's match well with the 40 watts/channel or so from the
771.
 
No problemo

I'm using modern day Triangle Celius 202 speakers(Sensitivity 92), with a minty vintage Sansui G-7500 receiver in a huge vaulted room... a great synergy match...I'm very happy:D
 
Back
Top Bottom