• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Using old push button on new power switch 2230

Davron94

Well-Known Member
I just replaced the power switch on a 2230 receiver during a refurb job and the button has different dimensions from the original. Its longer and is a smaller diameter. It sticks out further and just doesn't look right next to all the others. The new button shaft is much narrower, so therefore the old button does not fit. I was thinking to use a fast drying epoxy and hold it on center while drying, but that seems risky. Has anyone found a way to securely mount an old button to a new switch shaft?
 
Register to hide this ad
Put some hot glue in the hole of the old button, and quickly put it on the smaller shaft. Hold it centered in the hole in the face until the hot glue cools.
 
Put some hot glue in the hole of the old button, and quickly put it on the smaller shaft. Hold it centered in the hole in the face until the hot glue cools.
I like it! I'll give that a shot! Appreciate the idea!
 
I've used a modelers styrene square tubing before, made by Evergreen Models. Can't remember the size! Could just get a new or used button with the smaller hole inside.
 
Marantz push button adapters:

 
Back
Top Bottom