• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Using Your Body As A Tripod For Hand-Holding Camera Shots

Mulester, be careful taking all those pics of guvmint buildings. You could have people from Homeland Security knocking on your door and wanting to talk to you!
It has happened to other photographers taking pics of bridges and things. :sigh:
I like your shots, taking night pics opens up a whole new side of photography doesn't it?
 
Last edited:
Mulester, be careful taking all those pics of guvmint buildings. You could have people from Homeland Security knocking on your door and wanting to talk to you!
It has happened to other photographers taking pics of bridges and things. :sigh:
I like your shots, taking night pics opens up a whole new side of photography doesn't it?
.....ChillWolf, the police officers assigned to the capital, wave at me when I walk around going to different spots to shoot....they see gray hair and feel safe, I guess....what I'm concerned about is the people that walk by on the sidewalks, which could come out of a bush on the grounds with a knife or gun demanding money....I'm out there by myself....The Christmas Season brings many visitors at night, with everything decorated with special lights, but that's about it.....

.....I've been going there shooting the whole campus for over 25 years now....lately when I go there attempting to remain obscure, I wear a black T-shirt, black bluejeans that hide white socks, and black Nike-styled tennis shoes from Wal-Mart made by Dr. Scholl's....why are ya'll laughing???....hey, that's my conductor outfit except for the shoes....has been for awhile now....straighten up!.....
 
Taking night pics opens up a whole new side of photography, doesn't it?
.....that's really all I want to shoot, CW....flash-shots of faces across the room can be rewarding with a 400mm telephoto, but day shots bore me to tears "compared" to night shots off a tripod....
 
I think state capitol guards are used to the place being a photo magnet. When I visited the CA Capitol grounds in Sacramento in 06, they were out of session. There was no public restroom nearby, so I went to the public entrance, and after going through a metal detector, they sent me down the main corridor and around the corner to the men's room with no further supervision. I don't know how much video surveillance there may have been, but I bet they have figured that out both on the interior and exterior.

The background photo on my web site of the interior IL dome was made on a Sunday tour on which the guide and I were the only persons around (a school tour was delayed), and we had access to everything an amateur photog could wish. Of course, offices were off limits, but the point is, they are used to providing photo ops for the general public.
 
Back
Top Bottom