• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Value of an Allied 395 receiver

malanga

Well-Known Member
Hello all!

I have the opportunity to purchase an Allied 395 receiver with the wooden case for $40.00. The owner is even throwing in a pair of unmarked speakers with it. Would this be a fair price? I understand these were made by Pioneer for Allied.
 

Attachments

  • 395.jpg
    395.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 82
Register to hide this ad
Yeah, that looks just like an older model Pioneeer. $40 is at least a fair price, possibly OK, possibly great depending on condition and wpc.
 
I remember those. They were an ok reciever/amplifer. I seem to remember them being sold thru Radio Shack and I am thinking they were built by pioneer for Allied/Radio Shack back in the very early 70's. I had a friend who had one and a set of Nova 8B speakers and a Radio Shack TT. It was pretty decent listening as I remember.

I think I'd go for the one in the Pic. The speakers could be a bonus or??
 
Yes, I think I will go get it. I offered 30 bucks, and we settled on 35. He said the wooden case is in excellent condition, and everything is working. As for the speakers, they may end up on my curb, but who knows... :scratch2:
 
Well, I picked up the 395 yesterday, and it looks to be in very good condition physically, and sounds good as well. To date, this is the most expensive receiver I have ever bought ($35.00). The speakers were some cruddy, off a generic all-in-one system like lloyds which I politely declined. He did have all four of the funky pioneer speaker plugs, and even included the rubber sleeve for the plugs as well! I could probably sell the plugs on E-Rape and get my money back for the receiver. The case is in excellent condition. Overall a very nice find. Too bad I couldn't convince him to sell me his broken Marantz 2216 was well! :tears:
 
hi fellow AK'ers..
wella. i did some research on the Allied 395 receiver i have...and i found the following... same as the Pioneer SX-1500T made in 1968-1970. rms power per channel 55 watts rms both channels driven...power bandwidth 15-70k hz, harmonic distortion .5 percent..., frequency response is 20-70k hz +/- 1 db. overall..
so its a nice piece of work...
i will try a much higher voltage lamp for the stereo indicator bulb...thanks all..
 
Back
Top Bottom