• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Value of Marantz 150 tuner

sgleich

Well-Known Member
Would like to know fair value of a Marantz 150 tuner. Very nice condition with custom made figured Cherry case. There is one issue, the scope adjustment knob is missing, the shaft is broken at the face plate. Scope still adjusts but no knob. I guess the value in this condition if working might be $5-$600.00 on the bay without the broken shaft.

I am not sure if the pot can be found and replace by someone and what that might cost. Again, everything works perfectly. Any thoughts on value and if a repair is worth it? Thanks...


shown intact - the "centering - vert" is now broken off.
marantz-150-w-case1.jpg

custom case
marantz-150-w-case4.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
That is a nice custom cabinet! Since you will have to hunt down that adjustment pot and knob I personally wouldn't pay more than $200 if everything else is good to go. Those pots can be found on that auction site and may even be the same as the one on the 120? I say $200 because you will have to hunt down that part and it may take awhile. Plus either you have to pop the top and replace it once found, or pay someone to do it for you. And that side of the tuner deals with high voltage due to the scope tube. Those caps can store several hundred volts. I had a 120 with the cabinet I passed on to one of my sons. It was nice, new velum paper and very clean. But not near as nice a tuner as the 150. I payed a little over $200 for it.
 
One other thing to consider is since the scope circuit is high voltage those old electeolytic caps should be replaced just to be on the safe side. When I got the scoped 120 I had several of the well known techs here on AK message me telling me to recap that power supply for the scope. The s ope tubes can go for a pretty penny.
 
http://fmtunerinfo.com/marantz.html has details and comparisons of Marantz tuners. Tuner prices, even top models, have been in decline. That said, I suspect that cabinet would fit many other Marantz models. If you are willing to part with it, that could cover much of your cost . Not a rare unit; Ebay completed transactions should have a bunch of them.
 
Thanks, It is a conundrum. It looks so cool and works so well but it doesn't really fit with either of my two main systems. It was nearly perfect until a move when someone picked it up and the little knob caught on their jacket if memory serves.... It bent actually and then an attempt to gently straighten it caused the break.

As for sales, they are a bit all over the map but they seem to come and go regularly.
 
Back
Top Bottom