• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Variable resistor potentiometers for AR, Infinity, etc - replacements?

For those who read this re: the AR pots, they are 0-16 ohm 25 watt, used as a voltage divider to adjust driver output of midrange and tweeter.

AC390B49-1214-4E9D-88B2-ABB3900EAABB.jpeg
B0F8AFEE-70FC-422D-A2F9-A698F9421317.jpeg


Used as a voltage divider. Tweeter circuit shown, AR-2ax:
1C4F8653-9D67-48F6-940D-DE575B447BD0.jpeg


A good substitute is this $10 unit, 20 ohm, 25 watt. As a voltage divider it will increase output at 100% setting, or allow AR setting’ or down to 0%. Open back, so just needs a simple hood to protect the wiper from the fiberglass batting. I used plastic cut from a 2-liter bottle.
D40C780C-EA88-4FC1-9528-83CE89EFB90D.jpeg
BAE922DB-1AE6-464B-989D-97EC06E12545.jpeg
931DE9D3-858E-4CAB-BDF9-CCCC1E4D5956.jpeg
 
For those who read this re: the AR pots, they are 0-16 ohm 25 watt, used as a voltage divider to adjust driver output of midrange and tweeter.

View attachment 2880733
View attachment 2880735


Used as a voltage divider. Tweeter circuit shown, AR-2ax:
View attachment 2880734


A good substitute is this $10 unit, 20 ohm, 25 watt. As a voltage divider it will increase output at 100% setting, or allow AR setting’ or down to 0%. Open back, so just needs a simple hood to protect the wiper from the fiberglass batting. I used plastic cut from a 2-liter bottle.
View attachment 2880736
View attachment 2880737
View attachment 2880741

Interesting. What is the part number?
 
I'm seeing the same white material, but it's on my screw heads also. I'm wondering if it's the zinc or whatever they coat the metal with to protect against rusting. I took a wire brush and screwdriver to remove it. The surface coating of the metal parts is now mostly missing.

View attachment 2880105

Spraying with clear polyurethane “paint” works to prevent corrosion, after removing the oxides. Back in 1998 I sprayed my heat pump control circuit boards to protect them, since they’re mounted outside in the weather. Had a technician out last week to give everything a checkup. Circuit board looked new!
 
Back
Top Bottom