• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Venus HiFi and BrianB

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Another great transaction with Venus HiFi, and another case of BrianB going above and beyond.

I purchased (stole?) a demo pair of FJ Minis from Brian, but, due to circumstances beyond his control, they got damaged. Undaunted, the honourable gentleman shipped me a new pair, a brand new pair, for the same low price.

Foks, this is a man who looks after his customers, to the nth degree. If you need something, and BrianB sells it, BUY IT FROM VENUS HIFI!!
 
Register to hide this ad
You're being WAY too kind here, Ernie. Then again, anyone who knows you almost certainly recognizes you as one of the purest and gentlest souls that a person could meet anywhere. And how could I possibly let you down after all of the excellent beer you've shared at every single AK-Fest?

In case you don't know him - and you're missing out on something if you don't - ERNIE IS THE MAN!!!
 
(Kicking at the ground with toe of shoe) Where's my rock? Thanks for the kind words.

Brian, I have these FJ's breaking in with the Jolida FX-10. It really is quite amazing, for my listening levels, now that the drivers are breaking in. I never before had so shy a tweeter in a brand-new speaker. It is opening up nicely, now, though. Lots of LF from that TL box, and pinpoint imaging. I had a friend of mine over for the evening, and he listens to an ipod full of mp3s in a little dock with built-in speakers. It was fun watching his reaction when I changed speakers, or when I went from CD to LP, on the same track. "Underture".

Thanks.
 
Hello again, Ernie!

Most speakers - especially minimonitors - tend to sound overly thin before breaking in. Not so with the F.J. Minis, which start out sounding much darker than they truly are. The Minis are, of course, remarkably rich-sounding and weighty for such tiny speakers, but they will open up a lot and become nicely balanced over the next couple of weeks.

Be sure to let me know what you think of them later this month! And thanks again for the purchase.

Cheers,
Brian
 
Back
Top Bottom