• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Victor M-L10 won’t go out of protection

Ren_

New Member
Recently I bought a victor M-L10 and it was working at the seller’s place. Brought it back and the amp is working fine and I went ahead and checked dc offset and bias.

Something was off when I turned it on to tune the bias and dc offset. The meter stayed Red, but I didn’t bother. When I put back and hooked it all up to the speaker and input, there was no signal out from the speaker.

I followed the service manual and it said to check voltage dc on two points of the circuit and there is indeed DC. The manual concluded in my case it is the protection circuit at fault as the meter did not turned white.

I enjoyed my 1hour of listening to the amp but I want to hear it again. Please help me on where can I go forward
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes I am, I’m using it with the step down transformer. My friend told me that there shouldn’t be any issue with the protection circuit but I should looked for dull and cracked solder joints.
 
GREAT amp! Glad you got it working. What pre you using with it?
Currently I'm using a naim Preamp a nac 62, it sounds great though. Regarding the M-L10, its in okay state, but im going to restore it with the best of my abilities. it has missing plastic PCB support, missing screws, aged capacitor that is bulging a little on the smaller circuit, dreadful double diodes that is in need of replacing. And most importantly, a thrashed wood case, but ill take it to a furniture wood workshop.
 
Currently I'm using a naim Preamp a nac 62, it sounds great though. Regarding the M-L10, its in okay state, but im going to restore it with the best of my abilities. it has missing plastic PCB support, missing screws, aged capacitor that is bulging a little on the smaller circuit, dreadful double diodes that is in need of replacing. And most importantly, a thrashed wood case, but ill take it to a furniture wood workshop.
Take your time with it. Not an easy amp to work on. Your Nai is an interesting pre, very cool looking piece!

Some bathroom reading in your spare time, including cab restoration for my M-7050 and P-L10 preamp.
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...pre-amp-some-pics.588994/page-24#post-9778745
 
Back
Top Bottom