• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Audio component -- Identification help please

glasswave

New Member
I got an SAE audio rack given to me by a friend. In the rack were several components.
  • a Nikko ND-790 cassette deck
  • a Nikko Gamma 40 Tuner
  • an Audionics of Oregon BT-2 preamp (this is what caught my attention)
  • an SAE model 2800 parametric equalizer

and a mystery component which I cannot ID:
It has 6 ten guage cables coming out (3 per side) with banana plug ends

can anyone tell me what it is? I am guessing some sort of amp.

IMG_20171001_170836_392-mystery_stereo-componenet-01.jpg


IMG_20171001_170836_392-mystery_stereo-componenet-02.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
It is not an amp but is a volume control system for remote speakers - likely in other rooms. In other words, it is a distribution system with a volume control for each channel.

I'll bet if you take a pic of the specs/label on those transformers, they'll be spec'd as 70 volt.

Cheers,

David
 
Back
Top Bottom