• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage cd players dedicated website

aenimo

New Member
Hello!

You can now visit my new website dedicated to first generations CD players, though it's still a work in progress.

I am still searching for any document about these early players, like vintage ads or manufacturer's informations.

Please don't hesitate giving your opinion about the website architecture or content, though not bilingual for the moment.

Thanks a lot

http://vintage-audio-laser.com/
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow, it looks great and I'd love to see all 400+ of those CDP's you have on display if I ever get to France!

Hats off to you for taking the initiative to save these gems.

Regards,
TB
 
Wow, it looks great and I'd love to see all 400+ of those CDP's you have on display if I ever get to France!

Hats off to you for taking the initiative to save these gems.

Regards,
TB

Thank you!

You are welcome to France!

One precision: the exhibition only shows about 130~150 players (1st and 2nd générations).
"400 players" include the faulty units used for repairing the others when needed!

Anyway, the website will soon show overall views of the players in the showroom.
 
Site, super! :thmbsp:

Pity it don't have possibility to download some Service Manuals...

Çá serait extra!! ;)

Cheers.
 
I will try to review most mentioned vintage players within the next 3 or 4 months. It cannot be faster because it' s a lot of work :yes:
 
Yes I thought of it.

At a later time, I might scan vintage players service manuals and make it possible.

Thank you for it.:thmbsp:

I have a Philips CD 100, CD202 and a CD 150 from the firts generations, and agree with you in the most common malfunctions.

In the CD 202 is the time display that usually give problems.

Congratulations again for your excellent site....
 
I dont know a word of french, but the site looks nice. Love the massive Onkyo CD player.


I guess you are talking about Onkyo DX 300 / DX30 (japenese DX300) ? It' the second player from Onkyo, the very first being the very rare DX-5.
 
Great site! I have the Sony CDP-650ESD II and it gets lots of use to this day. Looks identical to the CDP-552ES II (the 650 being the US version) you have on the site, only all the lettering is in gold instead of white.
 
Great site! I have the Sony CDP-650ESD II and it gets lots of use to this day. Looks identical to the CDP-552ES II (the 650 being the US version) you have on the site, only all the lettering is in gold instead of white.

Hi!

Yes, Sony CDP552 ESD 2 will soon be reviewed with Sony DAS703 ES D/a converter.
Great pictures coming soon.!
 
Nice!!! :tresbon:

btw do you know any mail forwarding in france? I wanted to get a cd from ebay.fr but seller refuse to ship out of france - insists on delivery to france only.:tears:
 
Nice!!! :tresbon:

btw do you know any mail forwarding in france? I wanted to get a cd from ebay.fr but seller refuse to ship out of france - insists on delivery to france only.:tears:


Ok, I sent a private message.
 
Back
Top Bottom