• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage English Speaker Identification

napovo

New Member
Dear all,
I just come up to these speakers. They are Made in England coaxial 12 in with the code 0158 that I believe from the maker code. However I could not find from the web which maker has this code.
Hope you fellows there can help.
Thank you very much,
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 72
Register to hide this ad
I have a pair of 12" drivers that are very similar to those, made by Plessey. Same oval driver mounted on a bridge across the woofer. Not saying these are the same compay but the similarities are there. Will try and get some pics tomorrow for you :)
 
Thank for your reply, great info from which I found this link. Mine look very similar but there are 3 differences:
http://www.roger-russell.com/sonopg/sonos.htm

- The frame construction
- Mine has kind of cloth surround
- Mine doesnt have the magnet cover

The tweeter and its mounting are exactly the same.
 
Last edited:
Seems mine are later model Sonotone 12 CA-12 with the brown enamel finish but labelled as Plessey. Yours could possibly be a variation on the 15 shown in your link, and minus the magnet cover. Nice sounding units if a little rolled off at the top.
 
If it' any help, mine are in big corner cabinets of approx 4-5 cu/ft with a 12x6 port of 10" depth. Large port so not sure whether to call them reflex or aperiodic but the sound nice :)
 
Dear all,
I just come up to these speakers. They are Made in England coaxial 12 in with the code 0158 that I believe from the maker code. However I could not find from the web which maker has this code.
Hope you fellows there can help.
Thank you very much,

Those are ridiculously cool!

:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom