• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Honda motorcycle sign in Nebraska

bashman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My wife and I recently drove back to California from Iowa and while we were exploring the small town of Sidney, Nebraska, I spotted his hand-painted sign on the side of an old Honda dealership. I figure it's been there about 50 years.

Honda sign2.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes, but Honda's quality has remained. A current one could likely last another fifty years!

I also have two four wheeled Hondas, one being an '01 S2000 that continues to run beautifully.
 
I loved all the Honda (cycles) my brother and/or I collected over the years. My own CB-750 and CB-550 are long gone, as are a couple of those 70cc "corporate" mini (trail) bikes. But my mid 70s ('75, IIRC) 125cc Elsinore is still sitting @ my dad's place in Illinois. It has not run in years but my younger son is putting his back into getting that 2-stroke legend up & running. Some day Honda's Elsinore revolutionaized motocross. Maybe yes maybe no, but I nonetheless loved riding that little effer.
 
The elsinore's do have an exceptional reputation in the motorcross world history, that I know.
The '69 750's were, indeed, the world's first and coined the definition " superbike" for the masses. To the detriment of triumph and norton....and almost harley......
'69 750 sandcast examples are in the $30,000 range, depending on condition.
A 1975 "K" model, mint Honda 550 went for $9500 on Bring-a-Trailer a few weeks ago
My original, unrestored, mint 1975 "F" model cost me $700 in 1994....
Vintage hondas are moving up in desirability, especially the trails and mini-bikes.......
 
I saw a trail 125 on the road yesterday, in that same dark gold-ish color.

Did not know they were still in production.
 
Wanted one of those Trail 70's so bad back when I was a kid. Early 70's

s-l300.jpg
 
Then ... After I had left the house to be on my own.. Dad gets one of these that my younger brothers got to play with..
Honda CB360T

hqdefault.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom