• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage JBL LX66 or New Klipsch R-26F

skaterblack

Active Member
Which of these would be a better speaker? I was given the JBLs because they needed new surrounds. The owner bought the Klipsch to replace them. He has tinnitus and feels they are too harsh, so he would like to do a deal to get the JBLs back. He knows he paid $630 for the Klipsch. He says the JBLs are worth $300.
After using the JBLs, I doubt the Klipsch is better. I've considered a straight swap, but I'd consider some of your thoughts/opinions.
 
Register to hide this ad
Which of these would be a better speaker? I was given the JBLs because they needed new surrounds. The owner bought the Klipsch to replace them. He has tinnitus and feels they are too harsh, so he would like to do a deal to get the JBLs back. He knows he paid $630 for the Klipsch. He says the JBLs are worth $300.
After using the JBLs, I doubt the Klipsch is better. I've considered a straight swap, but I'd consider some of your thoughts/opinions.
Have him bring the Klipsch speakers to your place and listen to them on your gear and in your space. If you like the Klipsch speakers better then take them in trade for the JBLs. Speakers for speakers only, no cash. Let him take the hit for buying speakers he doesn't like. If you still prefer the JBLs then thank the guy for coming over and show him the way out. :beatnik:
 
Back
Top Bottom