• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Vintage Marantz SR4000

pmatt

New Member
Hey everyone, I'm trying to get my first system together to play some vinyl. I recently came across a Marantz SR4000 receiver at a pawn shop in town for $60. It has 50 wpc and 8ohms. Is this any good?
img
 
Register to hide this ad
In my opinion...way over priced. The SR4000 is not that sought after.
If Marantz is your thing (It is mine!) look for any of the 22xx and you will be much happier.

Also, look for any of the Pioneer SX series. There is alot of bang for the buck here as well. SX-580, 650/80, 750/80 are all great starters.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Vincent
 
Yep Marantz after the cheapness set in in the 80s not good. :( I'd also add Sansui 5050, 7070, 9090, and G7000 and above to steelmans list.
 
Back
Top Bottom