• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage NAD 3020 problem

Duffin

New Member
Hope this is the right place to ask.
I have a NAD 3020 amp (bought in the 70's) and use it sparingly now.
I just turned it on and it played fine (tuner) for about a half hour then shut off, power out and the tuner connected as well.
The tuner is fine when plugged into the power bar.
I have tried the amp plugged into other power source still no lights.

Any idea as to what caused this?
I have a NAD repair close but wanted to get some idea before I go.

Thanks
DuFf
 
Register to hide this ad
If he doesn't show up on his own, send a message to Leesonic. He's got more time under the hood of a 3020 than anybody I know.
 
Sounds like your power switch has gone bad, especially if the tuner was connected to the switched power output on the rear. You can get new ones from Mouser, I would recommend a new spark suppressor as well.

Search for threads started by me in the solid state forum, and you should find a couple of examples, complete with part numbers.

Lee.
 
Back
Top Bottom