• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Pioneer Stereo Amplifier and HECO Speakers - $85 Boston CL

birddog

Addicted Member
Not mine... :scratch2: Pics in ad, was posted the other day, surprised it didn't sell.... :smoke:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/402416216.html

Vintage Pioneer Stereo Amplifier and Speakers - $85
Reply to: sale-402416216@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-21, 1:37PM EDT

I have a vintage stereo set for sale. A pair of Heco speakers and a Pioneer SA-800 amp. Both are in very good working condition. Minor, purely cosmetic dings on the speakers... what do you expect, they're about 30 years old. Heco is a German speaker company. Not sure if it's the speakers, or the amp, but when you increase the volume, it's a bit crackly, but does not affect sound once you settle on the volume you want. Please check pictures.

Pick-up must be ASAP. First person who can provide a solid time in the next few days for pick-up in the Merrimack Valley area will be given amp. When e-mailing, please provide your name, phone number, and availability for pick-up. I will get back to you. Thanks!

-Richard
Location: Merrimack Valley
 
Register to hide this ad
wow

So I've spent the last month scouring CL to make my first vintage gear buy, and I saw that stuff, but I couldn't find any information about any of speakers and stuff. I'm actually more a headfier but decided to make the oh-so-expensive jump across to speakers. :P

Do you have any idea what they sound like? I was gonna try to pick up pioneer cs-88a and a proton d940 receiver, but I have no idea what they would sound like either...

I'm just a college kid, and I won't be back in Boston till September.
 
So I've spent the last month scouring CL to make my first vintage gear buy, and I saw that stuff, but I couldn't find any information about any of speakers and stuff. I'm actually more a headfier but decided to make the oh-so-expensive jump across to speakers. :P

Do you have any idea what they sound like? I was gonna try to pick up pioneer cs-88a and a proton d940 receiver, but I have no idea what they would sound like either...

I'm just a college kid, and I won't be back in Boston till September.


The Heco's will have a more natural sound than the Pioneer speakers, the Pioneers will play louder. The Pioneer integrated has a headphone jack so you be good to go there. I'd be willing to bet that with a little De-Oxit this would be a great $85 starter system.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:
 
The Proton might be a good buy, but my experience of Proton stuff is that it often doesn't work -- it lights up but there are other problems that can be difficult to fix. So I'd only consider it if I had a chance to hear it in action. And I would not pay too much, even though the stuff looks great and apparently sounds very good when it works.
Rather like NAD in most regards, but because less common, more problematic.
 
Back
Top Bottom