• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Pioneer sx-34 Tube stereo Receiver

Register to hide this ad
PP 6GW8 I believe. An unrestored (i.e. not working) one went for ~$80 last night, I'll be curious to see what this one goes for. I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of $200, Japanese tube receiver prices have been creeping up lately.
 
close but no cigar: push-pull 6BM8 in the SX-34/SX-34B, also sold as the Allied/Knight 333. About 8 wpc. A very attractive and decent sounding FM receiver; kind of bare-bones and kind of a pain to work on.

I guess the gold prices are leading folks to speculate in hifi again :-P It is hard for me to imagine spending more than about 100 smackers for one of them, unless it's restored and perfect.
 
I paid like $50 (on e-bay, only bidder) for a really nice Pioneer with original box and accessories a year or so ago. I think with American tube gear prices heading to the moon we're going to see more and more demand (and thus higher prices) for the Japanese tube gear.
 
Back
Top Bottom