• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Preamp/Amp/Tuner AUREX, Made by Toshiba (Picture)

spn_ai

Active Member
Hi,

Any ideas about Aurex Vintage preamp/amp/tuner, Made by Toshiba, any good, worth to pick it up locally? In good condition.

-Preamplifier Model SV-335Mk II
-Power Amplifier Model SC-335Mk II
-Tuner Model ST-335Mk II

AUREX3.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a set, amp, pre, tuner of the Toshiba 665 line and they sound as good as my Rotel gear ! I would buy them if the price was right. Don't know if it matters but mine were made in Japan.
 
I have a set, amp, pre, tuner of the Toshiba 665 line and they sound as good as my Rotel gear ! I would buy them if the price was right. Don't know if it matters but mine were made in Japan.

Hi,

Is it Toshiba's flagship AUREX, I don't know any about if it's Made in Japan or not, but he's asking 180$ for the 3s.

Thanks
 
I pass the exact same "Toshiba 335 " branded preamp & "Toshiba 335" Metered amp. for $24.95 CDN. at one of the local Value Villages,last week. Looked like it was in good shape...but had a vertical scratch top to bottom on both pieces 1/2" in, on both sides.
 
I saw those when they were $100 for the set with TT and speakers. Thought about and it and passed, though they were probably worth that. Now that they are being flipped, not so sure. Those 335 series show up reasonably often are here and they don't sell fast or for much money. That set is complete and looks clean which is nice.
 
Do you mean that the 335mkII is different and better?

No, I just mean that Toshiba made very similar units under the Toshiba brand, and they were so-so at best. An audiobuddy gave me a 335-series Toshiba tuner and I gave it back. Some of the Aurex gear is quite good, I think, but this series, maybe not. Who knows? It is been known for one item in a set to be much better than another.
 
What made me hold off was the TT that the original seller had as part of the package. I knew nothing of the other pieces, but the Aurex TT was the same one I had in university. Pure crap. Guilt by association I guess, but the rest might not be better.
 
Back
Top Bottom