• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage RCA 3 pin speaker plug needed.

Quick Cal

Active Member
Hey guys. Been a long time since I've been around.

I started this back in 2017. I have lot's of posts here about it.

I'm restoring my early 60's RCA Victor "Total Sound" 3 channel tube amp console.

Right now I'm needing some of the 3 pin remote speaker connectors. Does any have a work around? A place to get them? Or better yet some to part with?

Thanks.


IMG_3593.jpegIMG_3594.jpegImage 9-26-26 at 2.08 PM.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Did you check Surplus Sales of Nebraska? (Their customer service seems kind of hit-or-miss, but they have weird unobtanium stuff sometimes.)
Possibility:
 
So since 2017, what have you accomplished with this unit


... I'm needing some of the 3 pin remote speaker connectors. Does any have a work around? A place to get them? Or better yet some to part with?
What happened to the original ones?
 
So since 2017, what have you accomplished with this unit



What happened to the original ones?
Here's a link to my main thread about it. https://audiokarma.org/forums/threads/1958-rca-vcr-244-superheterodyne-console.757793/

I was working on it with a good friend of mine who was an old retired RCA tech back in the day. We did a bunch of work on it. He changed some caps and what not. New tubes. I went through the turn table. Changed a bunch of parts. Just needed some speakers for the cabinet, or some remotes. I was running it temporally on some small book shelf speakers.

Then almost right at the finish line he passed away on me. Tore me up pretty good to even look at it. Then I got sick with cancer myself. It just got stuffed in the back room. So ya. Life sucks sometimes and you don't finish things. But I'm back! I'm feeling much better now,,,lol. All though now I have chemo brain and can't remember what all I've done to it.

There never was any of those plugs. But I know where I can get some of the speakers but they don't have any plugs on theme.
 
Did you check Surplus Sales of Nebraska? (Their customer service seems kind of hit-or-miss, but they have weird unobtanium stuff sometimes.)
Possibility:
I'll check them out. Thanks.
 
Did you check Surplus Sales of Nebraska? (Their customer service seems kind of hit-or-miss, but they have weird unobtanium stuff sometimes.)
Possibility:
Actually I was on their site looking at a plug. But it was the wrong one. But what you linked does look right. But I don't see any specs on it. I'll have to give them a call.

Here's what I was looking at. But it's wrong.
 
@Quick Cal

Welcome back and congrats on feeling better.

It sounds like you're almost there with the console, as for the plugs I just did a quick search on the auction site and nothing.

Here's hoping the link provided by member actuator points you in the right direction and helps you acquire the plugs
 
You might want to check out the hammond organ and Leslie speaker sites. They used a bunch of this style connector (as well as one that matches the empire tonearm! ). Posdible they have the same one or something so close.
 
Does anyone have a set of these remote speakers and could tell me how the wires hook up?

I don't have the speakers or plugs in my posestion yet so I don't know. But looking at pics on line it looks like there MIGHT be a white stripe on one of the wires? Not sure.

Pics would be great. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Image 9-28-26 at 9.01 AM.png
 
I might have one or two. I’ll dig around.
That would be great!

I don't know how to say this with out sounding like a jerk,,,lol. But could you please hurry and look,,,lol. I just ordered the ones linked above from surplus sales but I don't know if they will fit. So I need to cancel the order before it ships.I hope you understand. Thanks.
 
There's a pair of these total sound remote speakers on eBay right now. So I called the seller to ask if they would help me out and tell me how they were wired. I figured they'd tell me to go pound sand,,,,lol. But a very nice young lady answered the phone. She said let me go pull them and have a look. She ended up texting me pictures. What a life saver. Now we know how they're wired in case anyone needs this info in the future. I just hope the plugs I ordered will fit,,,lol.

I had to clean up the pics to see more clearly.


1000098188.jpeg
 
From one survivor to another, I am happy you made it through.
Thanks. Glad to see you made it too!

The one thing I'm not getting over is this dam chemo brain, and neuropathy in my feet. I can't think like I use to. Can't hardly do simple math. Can't think a 3 step process through. No short term memory. Very aggravating,,,lol.

That's why I really can't remember what I've done to this RCA,,lol.

Blah, blah, blah........
 
Well I just got the speakers. They're a shade darker than my cabinet. But that's ok. They'll be 4'away and on top of others speakers. You can't even tell.

Now just needing a couple of plugs to try them out. I guess I can rig something temporaily until I get plugs.

First pic is sellers pic. Ten on top of my console.

Image 1.jpegIMG_3609.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom