• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Vintage repair near Philadelphia Pennsylvania or Bucks County.

DonEggert

New Member
Does anyone have an idea where I can find vintage audio repair within the Philadelphia Bucks County Pennsylvania area. Yardley vicinity
All I can find is TV repair. All I have to do is mention reel to reel repair and most apologize and say sorry.
I have a slow running Pioneer "Reel to Reel" RT909. A slow Running Pioneer cassette deck CTF -1250.. Pioneer turntable PL-L800 motor problem. I belive the tape decks just need a good cleaning and adjustments, but the turntable is in need of a motor. IMHO.
Thank you
Don Eggert
 
Register to hide this ad
Try a search for "Chris Ready, Ready Audio, readyaudio -at - verizon.net" .He has gotten rave reviews around here .
 
I've used Electronics Service Lab in Ewing, NJ, without an issue, but others haven't experienced stellar service.

You could check with Audiolab in Fairless Hills, PA, to see who they might recommend, http://www.audiolab.com/.
 
Many good things to be said for Quest for Sound in Bensalem. Free estimates and reasonable repair costs. The last time I was in there shooting the **** with one of the sales reps whom I know from else where a guy came in from Harrisburg to drop off gear for a diagnosis and repair. That's quite a hike.

Call ahead before you pay a visit. I'm in Langhorne so it's not exactly down the street but I call ahead because the walk in hours can be a little hit or miss. However Saturday 11am-5pm is almost always a sure thing.

QUEST FOR SOUND
2307-R Bristol Pike
Bensalem Pa 19020
215-953-9099
questforsound@aol.com
 
Sorry to bump an old thread but Im looking for a repair shop in the same area or in the Lehigh Valley, looking to get a Kenwood KR9600 repaired. I tried calling Stereo Hospital several times but no answer. Quest for Sound is unable to take any new projects due to illness. Didnt find anything on Chris Ready so was wondering if anyone knew if other options. Any info appreciated, thanks
 
Never had anything done at this place but Morts TV repair in Levittown, PA does stereo repair and has quite a bit of used gear for sale as well. I stopped into the Pawn shop next door looking for vintage audio gear and he sent me next door. LOL His prices are not cheap but the gear is nice and clean. Has anyone here used him before?

BillWojo
 
Back
Top Bottom