• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Rotel gear...for $8,300????

Skylab

Watcher of the skies
I own a fairly modern Rotel surround preamp, and it's nice. I always had read that vintage Rotel gear was just so-so...and so this was a surprise...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTEL-RB5000-RC5000-and-RT1024-/300696025440

Is that stuff really worth anything close to the ask?

It's local to me, so I suppose I might even be able to go look at it, although I likely won't as I hate to waste people's time and I have NO interest in buying it...just wondering if the person is being realistic or not.

Zero affiliation.
 
Register to hide this ad
Rotel (tomato sauce?!)

Nice system but definitely nowhere worth that price, not even close to it in my opinion.
 
Hi
First off he is either new to Ebay (10 feedbacks) or a scammer restarting with a new name to get a clean slate. A new guy might be just testing the water and not know how high to shoot. A scammer might be posting it on eBay at that price so that he can try to sell it privately for half that much using the listing as a proof of value. As a buyer I have only a small bit of my brain still working but even I know to check and see what these actually sold for. It has been like this since cavemen swapped pointy rocks. I have other things to pay attention to. If it gets down into the hundreds I'll read the listing.
 
Yep...that's why all the best auctions are the ones that have no BIN price and start at $1. That is the way I do it when I sell on eBay. Then the final price really is the then-current market price (current at that second in time).
 
Back
Top Bottom