• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage SANYO TT

Soloking55

New Member
A resent visit to my local pawnshop resulted in a purchase to an emaculate SANYO TP1024 turntable. Setting it up I realized the only thing mechanically wrong was a lack of damping in the cue function. This unit for the uninformed is an automatic direct drive TT. A slight adjustment to the speed control and it was working fine. There was a cartridge of unknown origin fitted, but it sounded less then accurate, not distorted, Just dull and muddy. I refitted an AXCEL 70E vintage cartridge and this incredible playback set be back a bit. I was very surprised at how well this played made music! The balance matching of the cart to this tt is so good I a struggling to decide if I keep it or push my Heybrook tt2 out the door? Has any other members had similar experience with the SANYO tp-1024? The axcel 70E was mounted on the Heybrook also on a Jelco tonearm of unknown madel as I purchased used some 3 years ago.
Your thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: T68
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom