• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage solid state receiver vs Outlaw RR2150

Is there common agreement on the greatest all time receivers?

New vs Vintage, Rep. vs Dem., Islam vs Christianity, Tastes Great vs. Less Filling......all these arguments would pale in comparision to trying to arrive at the conclusion of this question:twak:

Ben
 
Borrowed the Outlaw from our dealer for the weekend. Build quality is excellent. phono is really nice. FM tuner by modern standards is quite good. If I had to go modern. I'd recommend one. I love it's sonics overall and power. I'd like a little bit warmer midrange and top end but not by much. Amazing for the price.
 
I resurrected this thread to say I had this/my Outlaw opened up and its built like a brick (You know what). It is a really nice modern two channel receiver. Agree, the tuner is not up the the vintage gear but the rest of the receiver is built like a Pioneer. The same general topography as the 1250. The one I have, had been thrown around the block a few times but it keeps going and sounding pretty nice. Plus it has a remote :)
I have to find a replacement pot that the shaft broke off. I'll take a few images of it and post them.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom