Hi I have a vintage technics sa300 receiver that I have used with all sorts of weak speakers/tower speakers, etc. I hadn't used it in a couple months, then I was given 2 bose 141 speakers. I bought speaker wire, connected one and sound came on for a sec but went out. Smoke was coming out of my receiver. Whenever I try it, smoke starts coming. The fuse is blown as well as the right channel.
Can anyone explain why this happened? From looking at the specs I figured it'd work fine. I want to get the same receiver but I'm afraid if I connect the speakers, this will happen again. I tried my previous, weaker speaker in the left channel and it works fine. Put the working fuse in the right channel, still just a buzz.
Here's the specs
Technics SA300 receiver: 4-16 ohm per speaker, 190 watts. power output 35 watts per channel into 8 ohm.
Bose 141 speaker: 4-8 ohms, max power per IEC is 40 watts, says "compatible with receivers 10-80W per channel"
Any help would be appreciated as to why this happened.
Can anyone explain why this happened? From looking at the specs I figured it'd work fine. I want to get the same receiver but I'm afraid if I connect the speakers, this will happen again. I tried my previous, weaker speaker in the left channel and it works fine. Put the working fuse in the right channel, still just a buzz.
Here's the specs
Technics SA300 receiver: 4-16 ohm per speaker, 190 watts. power output 35 watts per channel into 8 ohm.
Bose 141 speaker: 4-8 ohms, max power per IEC is 40 watts, says "compatible with receivers 10-80W per channel"
Any help would be appreciated as to why this happened.