• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage tube Webcor reel to reel $5 on CL

Register to hide this ad
Wow - I got one exactly like it for my tenth birthday. Loved the "Magic Eye" tube for recording level. And, IIRC, it played and recorded in either direction...but not automatically. Weighed about as much as a small cow. Kept it up to college, replaced by a Lafayette deck.
 
I have one similar to that. It's sitting in my attic waiting to be worth something...
They are built like a tank. Mine has 2 motors in it. I doubt Sun Recordings used them to record anyone though. Frequency response at 7 1/2 IPS goes out to 10KHz. In 1954 there were far better recorders available for professional use.
 
Pro Tip: If those old RtR's have their little crystal microphones - that's where the money is.

The first time I put a $5 estate sale RtR on eBay almost immediately I got email asking if I'd just sell the mic. Hmmm....I closed that auction and just listed the mic. It went up around $75. Apparently harmonicas love those little microphones.
 
Back
Top Bottom