• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Viva! Roxy Music

Register to hide this ad
One of my faves:

In every dream home a heartache
And every step I take
Takes me further from heaven
Is there a heaven?
I`d like to think so
Standards of living
They´re rising daily
But home oh sweet home
It´s only a saying
From bell push to faucet
In smart town apartment
The cottage is pretty
The main house a palace
Penthouse perfection
But what goes on
What to do there
Better pray there
Open plan living
Bungalow ranch style
All of its comforts
Seem so essential
I bought you mail order
My plain wrapper baby
Your skin is like vinyl
The perfect companion
You float my new pool
De luxe and delightful
Inflatable doll
My role is to serve you
Disposable darling
Can't throw you away now
Immortal and life size
My breath is inside you
I'll dress you up daily
And keep you till death sighs
Inflatable doll
Lover ungrateful
I blew up your body
But you blew my mind
Oh Those Heartaches
Dreamhome Heartaches
 
Great album. My favorite song is "If There Is Something". Ferry and the band are great, the actual recording ...not so good. If I remember correctly some of it is actually in mono. I made a cassette once where I made very judicious use of an expander and an equalizer and it sounded much better than the LP. I wonder if they ever put this on CD because it wouldn't be difficult not to improve the sound. Nevertheless, one great live album.
 
I was reading another post about Eno, and it conjured up memories of Roxy music.
One album I played to death (and still do!) is Viva! Roxy Music.
All live.....and it ROCKS!
Every time I listen to that album, I picture myself in the crowd, WOW!

Any other Fans out there?

Here is something I found on youtube...........
BIG Fan - I had vinyl of all the albums from back inna day ...
When they remastered all the albums a few years ago I decided that was the time to go CD for Roxy and all the Ferry solo albums ...
Not a big fan of Frantic or the Dylanesque album -
but the High Road album is just great!
And all the Remastered CDs are in HDCD format,
so The Bogus Man kills like never before.

Did you catch any of the reunion tour shows of 1999-2000?
 
Last edited:
One of my faves:

In every dream home a heartache
And every step I take
Takes me further from heaven
Is there a heaven?
I`d like to think so
Standards of living
They´re rising daily
But home oh sweet home
It´s only a saying
From bell push to faucet
In smart town apartment
The cottage is pretty
The main house a palace
Penthouse perfection
But what goes on
What to do there
Better pray there
Open plan living
Bungalow ranch style
All of its comforts
Seem so essential
I bought you mail order
My plain wrapper baby
Your skin is like vinyl
The perfect companion
You float my new pool
De luxe and delightful
Inflatable doll
My role is to serve you
Disposable darling
Can't throw you away now
Immortal and life size
My breath is inside you
I'll dress you up daily
And keep you till death sighs
Inflatable doll
Lover ungrateful
I blew up your body
But you blew my mind
Oh Those Heartaches
Dreamhome Heartaches

I remember hearing the song with a old girlfriend, (we were drinking some wine and had a bag full of goodies) We thought the tune was so deep and mysterious, when she exclamed "Is he singing about a blow up doll?"

We both burst out laughing!!

Dave
 
I'll bet more kids were conceived while playing Roxy Music than any other band from that era. As much as I love the early LPs, the later stuff was seduction on vinyl!
 
Last edited:
I've seen them from right up front, 5th row. They opened for Zappa. Country Life was getting a lot of airplay in 1974.
 
I'll bet more kids were conceived while playing Roxy Music than any other band from that era. As much as I love the early LPs, the later stuff was seduction on vinyl!

+1. Bryan Ferry's "Boys and Girls" was the penultimate LP for that purpose.
 
Nope- Avalon.:D

Same difference really, along with "Bete Noire." These 3 albums are stylistically quite similar yet different from all the other Roxy/Ferry albums. I think any of them are capable of achieving the desired result.:thmbsp:
 
Same difference really, along with "Bete Noire." These 3 albums are stylistically quite similar yet different from all the other Roxy/Ferry albums. I think any of them are capable of achieving the desired result.:thmbsp:


Probably. But one sticks with what works.:music:
 
Probably. But one sticks with what works.:music:

True enough. My oldest son owes his existence to "Boys & Girls" (and the drunken aftermath of a Bryan Ferry concert at Constitution Hall.) BTW, we named him Brian (had to go with the Irish spelling).:D
 
Back
Top Bottom