• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

VMP Redux

beej

Proud BaPa of G, A and AJ
Subscriber
As I believe most of us who were members of the original Vinyl Me, Please online LP 'club' are aware, the original entity filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. My claim remains pending.

Last week I received an email announcing the 'rebirth' of the service and today I received an LP (ostensibly owed to me since April). Accompanying the LP was a note introducing the new ownership while also offering a 'way out' should the recipient so choose. I'll not post the precise language as to how one exits the service, but I will say that it is clear and direct.

I am curious if other members of the former iteration have also received such a mailing.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I just received a couple of LPs with a newspaper style promo of their current/upcoming releases, but no way to interact with their website.

I'm just gonna see how it goes.
 
I just received a couple of LPs with a newspaper style promo of their current/upcoming releases, but no way to interact with their website.

I'm just gonna see how it goes.
If I'm understanding correctly the 'lit' that they sent with my LP they don't have a website.
 
Latest on this from on my end, I received the following communication from Vinyl Liquidation, LLC:
QUOTE

[td]
​
September 29, 2026

[td]​
IN THE MATTER OF:
Offbeat Ventures, LLC
d/b/a Vinyl Me, Please
3000 Lawrence St #28
Denver, CO 80205
ASSIGNOR EIN:CASE NUMBER:
46-13831502504VINY108
TO FORMER CUSTOMERS OF OFFBEAT VENTURES, LLC d/b/a VINYL ME, PLEASE (the “CUSTOMER”):

You may recall that on April 4, 2025, Offbeat Ventures, LLC d/b/a Vinyl Me, Please, (“Assignor”) executed a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors (“ABC”) in favor of Vinyl Liquidation, LLC (“Assignee”) under California law. Thereafter, the Assignee liquidated all of the remaining assets of the Assignor including the sale of the Assignor’s assets to a purchaser (the “Buyer”). As part of the sale structure approved by the Assignee, the Buyer assumed the Customer Liabilities as defined in the transaction; accordingly, the Assignee determined that customer obligations would not be treated as claims against the estate and would be otherwise addressed. The Assignee understands that Vinyl Me, Please (“VMP”), now operated by VNYL, Inc., has previously contacted you regarding this matter and that a credit (the “Credit”) was issued to your account by VMP in the full amount of your outstanding balance, redeemable toward product on a go-forward basis. Because you filed a proof of claim with the Assignee, please be advised that you will not receive a distribution from the estate. Instead, your Credit with VMP remains available for your use and does not expire. You have no obligation to do business with VMP or VNYL, Inc. or utilize your Credit. However, if you wish to check or use your available Credit balance, VMP may be reached at:

VMP Customer Support
314-300-9979
4571 Laclede Ave.
St Louis, MO 63108

Please mark your records that the Assignee’s files on this matter are now closed and please note that this is the last communication you will receive from this office regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Vinyl Liquidation LLC

VINYL@RESOLUTIONFA.COM
UNQUOTE

I then reached out to the resurrected 'Vinyl Me, Please'. I received a response via text msg advising that I now have with them '15 credits.' Each credit is worth $50 and redeemable for any one of their current vinyl offerings. Each credit includes the vinyl plus shipping to my address. Essentially, I have $750 worth of credits in my account. Only thing is I have to be an 'active' member of VMP to redeem my credits and membership currently runs $129/3 months, $249/6 months and $479/12 months. Here are the current 'catalogs' (yes, quite a bit of redundancy):






If you don't wish to take the time to review the catalogs I don't blame you a bit. I struggled to find much of anything appealing to me in the inventory.

Bottom line: I've got $750 worth of credit waiting for me should I choose to activate my account for the one of the fee choices and in the event that I can find much appealing to me.




Resolution Financial Advisors

​
 
Sad. I was with them for a few years, then it suddenly went sour. Prices jumped and releases began to be chosen by some type of disabled marmot... guess i wasn't the only one to walk away.
 
Back
Top Bottom