• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Voice of America Audio Speakers

Paul Loflin

Member
Has anyone ever heard of the VOA speaker brand?

I saw a pair for sale for $85 at a flea market. They had come from an estate sale and were in good condition.

They appeared to be from maybe the sixties or seventies (?) Two small screw type binding posts on the back with the speaker name and impedance (8 Ohms) printed on the lower back. I searched the internet for the brand and found nothing.

The speakers were closed box, floor standing, dimensions of approximately 30" (H) x 18" (W) x 6" (D).

Can anyone provide background on the brand? Any ideas of their worth, sonics, etc.? Did I pass up a great deal?

Thanks, Paul
 
Register to hide this ad
VOA Speakers

That was my initial thought, the VOA broadcast station. I was surprised that there was no information on the web for these speakers.
 
Voice of Music, perhaps? Never heard of VOA (other than the international radio service).
 
Or was it Logik. I have an orpan small tower with 2 x 6" yappers in need of foam. Might be WV also.
 
Tox

I just scored a set of Logiks at GW that sound like your description. They appear to be made in Canada; at least the woofers are and they seem pretty solid. I am going to refoam this weekend. meat
 
Thank you for the responses

Thanks to everyone who replied, there are so many one off speaker brands, evidenced by this forum.
 
Back
Top Bottom