• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Volume pot question.

Recently bought a Realistic STA-64b 16wpc integrated reciever. I am replacing the volume pot. So as to keep this on the not paying 100 for a used unknown pot thats 50+ years old I am noticing the original pot is marked 2BL100Kohmx2 xTaiwan. It's a dual 6 pin pot with loud pins on the other side of the pot.
The original pot is shot. The shaft was broken. Can pull in and out. New replacement pots dont have the loudness pins on them. Is there a work around?

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 20201008_170931.jpg
    20201008_170931.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 34
  • 20201009_180534.jpg
    20201009_180534.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 35
Register to hide this ad
Yeh, that's pretty ****ed.. But not uncommon.

It appears to be a 100k stereo pod (probably logarithmic) so that is quite standard. ea. you might find a donor for it in many other (brands) units. Those might not fit physically, in which case you would have to make adaptations. Such as bolting it in upside down, and making the connections by wire.
 
Radio Shack (NO AFFILIATION) carries a 100K pot with loudness tap, Catalog №: 2711732. I don't remember if the shaft matches the pict, or if it's a spline shaft.
 
Ya, its a common dual 100K pot with loudness tap. Realistic used pretty cheap vume pots in many of there receivers and amps. The most common problem is the channels can be uneven when you first turn it up. One channel will come on before the other and then even out at around 9:00.
Or, even with the olive all the way down, one channel will still pass signal.
I've always just replaced them.
 
Why would you disable anything? Apparently you can still get those pot's new. So just get one and plunge it in!
 
Look up blue alps pots. They come with and without pins to fit a pcb. They will be a bit longer and a little larger diameter though. They are squarish.
But they are made to fit a pcb.
 
Also,.if you mount the radio shack pot in that picture sideways, you can just run some 20 ga. wire from the pot to the pcb. Ive done that before.
 
I'd get the Radio Shack part and wire it to the PCB. I did it recently in a Pioneer SX-something, and it works perfect.

The part I received doesn't have those solder tabs, it has regular pins as any standard carbon potentiometer. I can take a pict tomorrow. But I had to solder extension wires because the Pioneer part was larger, the footprint didn't match.
 
Did the new pot fit and solve your problem? How did you attach the knob if the shaft doesn't have splines? I have a STA-78 that needs a new volume pot.
 
Back
Top Bottom