• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Volume too low after installing Grado Black 2 cartridge

I am really happy, it kind of "unveiled" the sound, removing that warm coat my system had using the om 10 cartridge. Now the sound is crisper and more open. Only thing is, the black 2 seems really sensitive to static, even a couple light wipes of anti-static brush can create quite a lot of distracting clicks, while keeping the vinyl "dirty" allows a cleaner playback. I just changed my habit of cleaning the record after playing it! XD

Huh, I find Grado carts to have a very warm sound. Especially the mid range. Maybe try aligning it some more?

When it's time to change the stylus, upgrading it will result in less noise, better bass and treble extensions, and an overall more refined sound.
 
Huh, I find Grado carts to have a very warm sound. Especially the mid range. Maybe try aligning it some more?

When it's time to change the stylus, upgrading it will result in less noise, better bass and treble extensions, and an overall more refined sound.
I do think it is very warm indeed but still very open and wide sound, with the previous cart I owned, everything felt like dampened or veiled with a coat. I hope this makes more sense.
I am not planning into changing stylus yet, this Grado is only a few weeks old! ^^
 
Of course! Your stylus still hasn't broken in all the way yet, most likely! Enjoy your Grado. I have a very expensive MC cart, but I still listen to my Grado Green with 8MZ stylus every once in a while.
 
audioquest-brushgold_1800x.jpg

It's this one:

The gold piece is metal and is actually connected to the fibers. It discharges the static electricity thru your hand when you hold the brush by the metal, gold piece. I never thought I would use a dry brush until I tried this one.......
 
Back
Top Bottom