• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE

amr2

Well-Known Member
Hello

I'm restoring a pair of Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE. The first problem is that the previous owner changed many components in the crossover network, and I want to rebuild it with the original values. I was wondering if there is any information available about this, a schematic with the components values will be very helpful... The second problem is that the woofers are missing. Does anyone know which brand or model they are?

Thank you.
 
Register to hide this ad
A Stereo Times review discusses some of the technology of your speakers. Vague, but there's not much out there. This is what they mention about the woofers:

"Gen III, twin 9" carbon fiber woven filament woofers, developed and designed to VSA’s specifications, from OEM driver manufacturer Tonegen"

Another review at Ultra Audio.

Also, here's the manual.

Some one else, with the same issue...!!! :D

A pair for sale (not mine) at US Audio Mart. It sounds like the owner did a recap, or at least knows details on the crossover. It might be worth it to email him.

And if all else fails, contact the manufacturer.

Good luck!
 
I dunno, when I got my original series VR-4s from jjohnson, back in Oct 2014,
I asked if I could get a manual and asked some questions via the website -
http://www.vonschweikert.com/
I was gobsmacked when I got a reply from Albert himself!

I suspect he may be busy for the holidays right now - so be patient.
 
Back
Top Bottom