• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Walk Down Memory Lane on the Klipsch Forum

Daveintn

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So today I am looking at what the guests over over on the Klipsch forum are looking at and up pops a post from 2006 on Cornwalls. BEC and JWC are commenting on actual builds and modifications and it reminded me that there is still a ton of info over there in older threads that Roy has not deleted yet and perhaps never will. It is a reminder to anyone that is interested in mods for Klipsch to spend some time there and get the goodies while you can. Now I have to say there are better tweeters then the venerable CT125 or the newer CT120 but otherwise Crites is still making things to mod your stuff with that are pretty darned good. AND as mentioned in the thread you don't need a sanctified Klipsch SN# to get replacement parts.

I really enjoyed the walk through memory lane and it is a poignant reminder of just how good the forum used to be.
Building the ultimate Cornwalls - Technical/Restorations - The Klipsch Audio Community
 
Register to hide this ad
if he's smart, Roy won't delete the mod threads because they're great fodder for SEO, but it doesn't seem like they're making smart decisions. I would love to see you and @ClaudeJ1 condense and reproduce the Baby Cornwall/Super Heresy mods either here or over at DIY Audio, if only to preserve that info so it's more readily available. It would only take someone new to find the info and comment on the thread, for them to nuke it.
 
I have a couple thousand posts over there, a large portion of them technical. Prior to The Great Purge, I referred back to them frequently myself. I'd hate to think that they're all lost to history because of corporate caprice. But that is not in my control; it's their forum to do with as they please.
 
I went back and copied Claude's Super Heresy thread today after reading Edgar's comment. It was still there. The SMAHL LMAHL V2 thread was the first to go and I think all the comments on how much better then the Klipsch tweeters they were made that thread target #1 I have saved the S-Herresy thread as a Word document and will have to see where I can post it. I might end up posting it on my blog with a link to it here as on my blog I don't have to worry about size. It is 14 pages long.
 
I’m grateful that I restored my H700’s before the purge. If not for the folks cheering on the mods, as well as yours, Claude’s and others technical contributions, I would have simply restored them to stock and would have been slightly less unimpressed with them as when I first got them 16 years ago. The 1.0 version is light years away from the originals. I wasn’t a member of the “Klipsch sucks” club, but not having a sub when I first plugged them in, they certainly didn’t live up to the hype surrounding the brand, nor did they after I restored them to stock, even with the subwoofer I have now. There was a hint of their promise, but just that. With the mods, however, they’re simply incredible . I became a fan of the brand, but then the purge happened. The end result of both the purge and to a lesser extent, my restoration, is that I see myself being DIY from here on out, the company and their preferred vendors will never see a cent of my money.
 
One way to save web info (on my laptop) is to right click on a page, select web capture from the drop menu, and select Capture Full Page. Then download and save. It will use a lot of storage memory, so plan for that.
 
One way to save web info (on my laptop) is to right click on a page, select web capture from the drop menu, and select Capture Full Page.
Thanks; I was aware of that method to save a Web page (I get the choice to save as .html or as .pdf.), but that only saves a page. I got the impression that @Daveintn saved a whole thread.
 
I clicked on your link. Now I need to know if there is an instructional user guide for first time visitors, so I won't need to ask you a bunch of questions.
basically, you enter a URL into the window on the site, then click on a date on the timeline in the window that opens. with regard to our current conversation, you don't have to go too far back, just before the purge, I suspect.
 
I was afraid that would be the answer.
No easy way and then I will try to edit a bit for brevity. I think my Wordpress blog will accept the Word doc and keep the formatting for links and what not.


basically, you enter a URL into the window on the site, then click on a date on the timeline in the window that opens. with regard to our current conversation, you don't have to go too far back, just before the purge, I suspect.

Yes that pretty well describes the process.
 
I was a Klipsch site member back in the early 2000's, and bought myself a fair share of models, including an Academy, two pairs of Forte 1's, a pair of Cornwalls, and some KG3's. I also offered up a custom set of crossovers that used a self-designed universal stacked PCB and improved components (that could be wired for ANY of the networks) called the "K-Stack". It was a lot of fun dealing with several members, and I'd think that many of my networks are still in use today. Sad to understand that it all got "shut down", but of course, things never stay the same. I had thought to offer a "K-stack II" but that market has, for the most part, dried up. I was in at the right time :)
 
It was good while it lasted. I completely restored my Klipschorns from reading from the Klipsch forum and buying Crites products. They don’t allow you to posts about Crites anymore and it wouldn’t surprise me if they delete old threads that relates to Crites and some upgrades and modifications too.
 
Last edited:
Used to really enjoy the forum when Amy was there. A lot of good info to be had as well.

Currently I cant even load pages, get an error code every time.
 
I wonder. Gentex bought it all for peanuts, and now both Klipsch and Onkyo are releasing new product. It may not be the death knell we thought it was.

I just feel like a part of professionalism is maintaining a good forward facing image to your market. I would at least put up an “Under Construction” page instead of letting it die on the vine.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom