• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Walnut Klipsch Forte I value

audiodogster

Active Member
Looking at a pair of walnut Klipsch Forte I in an estate sale, they look to be in good shape the pictures aren't great so I'll know when I see them (hopefully still there!). What are they worth in good shape, what should I offer?
 
Register to hide this ad
In my area they tend to go for about $400 and are not necessarily a quick sale at that. I like my Forte's with Crites upgrades quite a bit, especially when connected to tube gear. Value in your area is dependent on the old supply and demand axiom of course.
 
i see them listed on the local CL between $400-$700 $500-$600 is probably a fair price for very good to excellent condition. mostly see oak maybe walnut gets a bit more
 
Multiply it by a factor of 150%. Pay up to $600 for a nice pair of Walnut veneered Klipsch Forte speakers, then replace the tweeter diaphragms with Bob Crites titanium diaphragms and recap the crossovers and hook them up to a tube amplifier and live happily ever after.:)
 
Okay, so I lied a little bit, just to make sure no one found them to bid against me. I got them for $199.99 plus 10% buyer's premium from an estate auction site. Pictures aren't great but they look to be in decent shape, they are described as having "light scratches and nicks". I pick them up Saturday. I'll pair them with my Harman Kardon 430 Twin Powered, that seems to be a favorite among the Klipsch community. I also have a Voice of Music 1448 tube amplifier but I'm not sure it works and they are supposedly somewhat noisy even when fixed up right. http://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/4062/item/klipsch-speakers-a-396643
 
OZBlKV3.jpg


They are in great shape overall and sound great. I prefer them to my La Scala.
 
Back
Top Bottom