• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wangshin Smoked Fish Sauce wonderful in Clam Chowder

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have used a fish sauce in clam chowder for along time, Red Boat is fantastic. I tried the Smoked Wangshin fish sauce and it was pure clam chowder ambrosia., Wangshin is smoked with oak wood it adds a wonderful smoky edge to this fish sauce it elevates the taste of a New England style clam chowder to new level of yumma-goochie.
 
Register to hide this ad
Aww dude, make up my mind. I already have at least 4 different bottles of fish sauce.
I agree though, fish sauce in clam chowder takes it to the next level of yumma-goochie.
 
The Italian Guram is not worth the price. It is good stuff but Red Boat, and the Wangshin are my go-to sauces. Red Boat has a smoked version which might be worth trying. I have the Red Boat salt interesting stuff but I have not figured out where to use it.
 
I’m starting to believe you’d like this stuff on ice cream.
I tried, it doesn’t work on Vanilla, but In very small amounts with very dark not so sweet chocolate frozen custard it is weirdly good. tried a couple of drops in cole slaw very interesting. I wish the Italian Garum fish sauce was not so expensive. Its smooth mushroomy umami flavor is wonderful in cream gravies, salad dressings, on steaks. Etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom