• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Warfendale W-90 opinions.

KutzlerTrans

Jennie & I with Buddy and Barney.
I always liked the way these looked. I have a chance to pick up a set and am looking for opinions on these.

I usually listen to r/roll and would be using a sx1250 or marantz 2325 or less.

I have these speakers and would like opinions on how they would compare: Pioneer HPM 100'S HPM 200'S , Klipsch 5.5 's and Klipsch quartets, and a set of Cerwin Vega d 3's

Thanks for any opinions. John
 
Register to hide this ad
W90's are very efficient! Don't need or want normally over 20-30 Watts tops,will damage them easily with this power! I powered my early 63's with a Marantz 2385 using R/S APM 500 Power Meters so I could control how many Watts to feed them.They sounded excellent with Jazz/Blues and even some Rock but never and I say never overpower them or you'll be asking for trouble:)
 
Wharfedales , look for Member "GANG-TWANGER for he is pretty well versed on all matters pertaining to these Speakers:):thmbsp:
 
They are great speakers and mine are tuned to the local public jazz station most of the day.
 
Listen to them if it's possible before you bring them home because they're unlike any of the speakers that you've listed. And yes like most speakers of that vintage they are well built beautiful looking pieces of furniture. They're not my cup of tea soundwise but they do have lots of fans here though.
 
Back
Top Bottom