• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Warts and all, Wharfedale.

losthorizon

Well-Known Member
Could anyone who owns a pair of Wharfedale EVO 4.2 speakers give a warts-and-all review of them? I would like to hear what you think of them and how they compare to the Diamond 225 for sound quality. I really like the 225 and want to know if the EVO 4.2 is a worthwhile upgrade.
 
Register to hide this ad
I got a pair a few years ago and didn't like them at the time. Not enough "fullness "! After a while I revisited them and liked them a little better. Still not as much as my Klipsch kg4 or Dynaco A25s
 
I got a pair a few years ago and didn't like them at the time. Not enough "fullness "! After a while I revisited them and liked them a little better. Still not as much as my Klipsch kg4 or Dynaco A25s
Thanks for your answer. I think it depends on the type of music you are listening to
 
I recently got a pair of EVO 4.2 to replace my B&W 705s2 and KEF R3. I’m very pleased with the difference in the sound quality and the warmth. I must say that I’m driving them with a MCintosh c27 preamp and a MC 462 amp
 
Back
Top Bottom