• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Weight of Mitsubishi LT-30 headshell?

kotofei

permanent gear evolution
Subscriber
I have a Mitsubishi LT-30 TT without the original headshell, just use some generic Yamaha instead. It could be OK but I decided to upgrade, and it's probably good to get a headshell with the same weight as the original one.

I can't get the info anywhere what is the LT-30 headshell weight. User or service manuals haven't mention it. Anyone knows this number?

As always, your help will be greatly appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
The owner's manual, which you can get on vinylengine if you don't have it, suggests 10-16 grams. You will probably want a cartridge with highish compliance.
 
Sorry I misread your question, but you can still use the owners' manual because it says the cart+headshell should be 16-20g.
 
I will weight it later today (if I still remember). It is made of plastic and is fairly light as I recall. I doubt it will be even 10g.
 
I believe the original HS should be magnesium.

May be it is. It feels like plastic to me. BTW the owners manual states the headshell weight as 6g which is about right. Mine looks identical to the one in the manual except it does not have a manual cueing stick. As a result I do not use it at all. I just use Stanton headshells. Got them from local Guitar center for $11 a piece.
 
Well, I can not find the scale to weight it. However it is indeed made of plastic. And I think the weight is roughly 5-6g.
 
Neither of my two came with headshells, I run a magnesium ADC headshell which weighs the same.
 
I have a Mitsubishi LT-30 TT without the original headshell, just use some generic Yamaha instead. It could be OK but I decided to upgrade, and it's probably good to get a headshell with the same weight as the original one.

I can't get the info anywhere what is the LT-30 headshell weight. User or service manuals haven't mention it. Anyone knows this number?

As always, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Doesn't really matter as the weight of cartridges vary.
 
Back
Top Bottom