• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Went Record Shopping

jcmjrt

Addicted Member
Hit a record swap meet this morning. Spent too much money but I think my SO was still asleep since it was an early event...so not tooo much grousing.

Blue Rabbit - Johnny Hodges, Wild Bill Davis (Kenny Burrell on guitar which is one of the main reasons I bought it) - Verve

Deguello - ZZ Top - Warner Brothers - Cheap Sunglasses!

Mose Allison Retrospective - MA - Columbia - Radio Station Copy

The Phosphorescent Rat - Hot Tuna - I'm turning into a big Jorma fan!

Johnathan Edwards - Johnathan Edwards - Promo Copy - I bought it for Sunshine which I remember fondly as a child.

Cheap Thrills - Big Brother & the Holding Company - Columbia 1st issue -
I've been looking for a really clean copy for a while and finally found it.

R&B from the Marquee - Alex Corner's Blues Incorporated - Sealed Mofi

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin - Atlantic - Another one that I've been looking for a very clean copy

I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic blues again Mama! - Janis Joplin - Shrinkwrapped 1st issue

Night train Vol. 2 - Oscar Peterson Trio - Verve

Further Adventures of Jimmy and Wes - Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery - Verve

Stan Getz & Bill Evans - Stan Getz & Bill Evans - Verve
N

Some brand new and nothing was less than excellent condition. I think that I have some record cleaning to do today! :)
 
Register to hide this ad
How do you tell the first issues on those Janis LPs?

I'm looking for the real deal too. She's one of my faves.
Mine are 2 eye, 360 Sound labels
 
Hit a record swap meet this morning. Spent too much money but I think my SO was still asleep since it was an early event...so not tooo much grousing.

Some brand new and nothing was less than excellent condition. I think that I have some record cleaning to do today! :)

What sort of prices do record swaps get in your area? I attended what was billed as an Antique swap last weekend, at the Oregon Coast and picked up 19 perfect condition bluegrass records from the 70's, mostly on Flying Fish records. Sound quality on that brand is great too. The guy had 8 apple boxes from the same collection at $2 per record, or less in the quantity I got. While many of those offered were duplicates or rock & roll that I already had I now wish I had made an offer on all of them! I do plan to go back next month and find him.
 
What sort of prices do record swaps get in your area? I attended what was billed as an Antique swap last weekend, at the Oregon Coast and picked up 19 perfect condition bluegrass records from the 70's, mostly on Flying Fish records. Sound quality on that brand is great too. The guy had 8 apple boxes from the same collection at $2 per record, or less in the quantity I got. While many of those offered were duplicates or rock & roll that I already had I now wish I had made an offer on all of them! I do plan to go back next month and find him.

I LOVE Flying Fish rekkids- never heard a bad sounding one.

Long Live The Twang.
 
The prices were better than record store and the selection was good but they weren't dirt cheap by any means.
 
How do you tell the first issues on those Janis LPs?

I'm looking for the real deal too. She's one of my faves.
Mine are 2 eye, 360 Sound labels


I think those would be them. As I think the 2 eye 360 Sound Labels got changed around 1972..
 
"He Can't Even Run His Own Life, I'll Be Damned If He'll Run Mine..." Oh, yeah...remember THAT one... Early spring '72...Joyce, you have GREAT taste !
 
Columbia red "360 Sound" label is first pressing. (1968)

Terry

I should be A-OK then!!:yes:

I took a ride over to one of out local places but didn't buy anything.
I did find a near mint copy of Stevie Ray Vaughn's "In Step" hiding in my blues shelf, so that I guess is my rescored score of the day I guess....
 
Hit a record swap meet this morning. Spent too much money but I think my SO was still asleep since it was an early event...so not tooo much grousing.

Blue Rabbit - Johnny Hodges, Wild Bill Davis (Kenny Burrell on guitar which is one of the main reasons I bought it) - Verve
:yes::yes::yes:

Deguello - ZZ Top - Warner Brothers - Cheap Sunglasses!

Mose Allison Retrospective - MA - Columbia - Radio Station Copy

The Phosphorescent Rat - Hot Tuna - I'm turning into a big Jorma fan!

Johnathan Edwards - Johnathan Edwards - Promo Copy - I bought it for Sunshine which I remember fondly as a child.

Cheap Thrills - Big Brother & the Holding Company - Columbia 1st issue -
I've been looking for a really clean copy for a while and finally found it
. Very tough to find a nice first pressing. At least on the cheap.

R&B from the Marquee - Alex Corner's Blues Incorporated - Sealed Mofi

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin - Atlantic - Another one that I've been looking for a very clean copy

I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic blues again Mama! - Janis Joplin - Shrinkwrapped 1st issue
Sealed is aways nice.

Night train Vol. 2 - Oscar Peterson Trio - Verve
Just great stuff.

Further Adventures of Jimmy and Wes - Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery - Verve
:yes::yes:

Stan Getz & Bill Evans - Stan Getz & Bill Evans - Verve
N
:yes::yes::yes:

Some brand new and nothing was less than excellent condition. I think that I have some record cleaning to do today! :)

Excellent. But from reading they were a little pricey? The Joplin around $20, or more. All this was more than $100? Still great stuff.
 
I think these are great finds, great titles. I like Kenny Burrell also. ...Would like to track down a record with Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery together. That Hammond organ and that Wes guitar together must sound great. :thmbsp::music:
 
The prices were better than record store and the selection was good but they weren't dirt cheap by any means.

Nice dodge. What do you think record store prices are? Really, I would like to know - since I find great records for $.50 to a dollar daily and might buy more if the market is there! Say an original Brubeck Time out in 9 condition for example. I'm not talking really collectables, just really nice listenables.
 
Back
Top Bottom