• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

West Coast Audio Stores

river25

Super Member
Hi,

I will be leaving my Tropical Wonderland in a couple of days for a few weeks vacation in the good old US of A, hanging around San Fran, LA and a trip to Vegas.

I have checked the internet but it doesn't really help me find those audio shops where I can check out some old school (ie 70s) amps and equipment, plus buy a phono cartridge or two.

I have a car and will be able to drive about, so if anyone here knows of some good audio shops in the aforementioned cities, I'd be very appreciative.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area.

river
 
Register to hide this ad
Stop by Audio Xperts 2120 E. Charleston (near Eastern) in Las Vegas. Bobby and his crew do excellent repair work and ave a great collection of used audio.
702 873-3088
Cheers!
Mike
 
If you can get there, the Analog Room in San Jose is full of - you guessed it - mostly analog gear: turntables, tube amps and very high end speakers. They also have _lots_ of high-end LP pressings and some vintage LPs, too. The floor show, however, is the attitude, if you get my drift.

Back in SF itself, record stores abound at Amoeba down in the Haight-Asbury district with another store in Berkley across the bay. There's also Rasputin but they're less about old LPs much anymore.

Here in Santa Cruz, old LPs abound at Logo's Used Books and down the street at Streetlight Records. We're just an old surfing town about 80 miles down the coast on the Monterey Bay.

Cheers,

David
 
In San Francisco, AudiovisionS.F., Elite Audio Systems and Tone Of Music Audio.

In LA, Pitch Perfect Audio, Definition Audio/Video, Shelley's Stereo.
 
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I will check them out and hopefully get a couple of LPs. Wouldn't mind finding an AT 150MLX cartridge also.
 
Back
Top Bottom