• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

western electric tubes

nissan guy

Super Member
I don't know if i should be asking in here, but what type of tube tester could test out a western electric 300a or 300b tube?

I took one in to my local hifi shop and he couldn't test it on any of his testers. I can't test it on the tube tester i own either. I don't have anything that will use one of these tubes but i would like to verify its condition before it finds a new home.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Guys,

These tubes sell for around 1000 to 2000 each. Its best to test it on a tester that actually has proper parameters to test them.

Any decent Hickok can test these. My TV-7 and 539B and WE Cardmatic test these.

Frannie
 
You want to perform the tube test with a good, calibrated mutual conductance tester, such as the Hickok tube testers to get accurate readings...

The WE 300B is a great large 4 pin triode... a lot of newer testers won't be able to test this tube...

Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom