• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Weston Tube Tester Model 777 parts & issues

Brow2070

New Member
Picked up a Weston multimeter 772 & 777 tube tester combo. I repaired the power cord for it and now I'm looking to find the short indicator bulb (My fault it broke!). After repairing the cord I had it up and running but then it stopped working so I took it out of its case and I must of put pressure unknowingly on the short indicator bulb and it broke. Now I have to replace that before I can track down why it's not working anymore. I don't have any schematics for it either. Does anyone know where I could find the short indicator bulb and schematics? I want to get this thing working again.
 
Register to hide this ad
Google "tube tester parts and service" and you'll come across a number of businesses that do this. The Weston may be hard to find parts for, but that's your best bet.
 
You can likely sub a different neon bulb with similar firing voltage, not too critical. Depending on that, may have to change series resistor also.
 
Pic of bulb remnants would help. Iirc, there was an unusual bayonet based neon bulb with half cup electrodes used in military receivers.
 
Pic of bulb remnants would help. Iirc, there was an unusual bayonet based neon bulb with half cup electrodes used in military receivers.
I believe that's what he has, judging by pics, but I think it's a screw-in base. Electrodes look like an old style pith helmet.
 
Back
Top Bottom