• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wharfedale Denton vs. Elac B6

When I received my Dentons last year, I was stunned by the quality of the cabinets at the price point. When I first got them, I really did not like the muffled sound - It took about 200hrs of playtime for them to sound more balanced.
I like the warm laid back sound; to me they sound best when directly pointed at you, near-field 6-8 feet away.
However, I wish I had a brighter amp - my marantz 8400 seems to be a bad match as it is a warm laid back integrated as well. I am thing getting a moon simaudio integrated at some point.
 
They are an inexpensive speaker and for the price point are decent.

I'd say they have been given away for some time by Wharfedale so that they can be remembered in history at some points... I have had them for 15 months now, and properly setup, AND properly broken-in, they are a must-have addition to the collection of bookshelves of the stereo-maniacs like me.
I have had them back on my stands for the past couple weeks, after spending time with the LS50s, and yes, they make you want you to spin CDs after CDs. Just SWEET. Bravo, well executed. To anyone who has chronic upgradetitis, for the price asked get them.
 
I have the Wharfedale Diamonds 10.1 and the Elac B6 and I'm currently awaiting a delivery of the Dentons . I have compared the Elacs to the Diamonds and I'm liking the Diamonds more . The Elacs sound great with cd audio but with streaming audio ,the highs are muted . The Diamonds are a lot more forgiving with placement than the Elacs . I have them in a 10 x 10 bedroom . The Elacs have a deeper bass than the Diamonds .
I just bought a clean pair of ELAC debut DB61 out of curiosity/ $200 & hooked them up to my vintage Denon Amp / 80 WPC & am Satisfied with there performance….just Like the reviews…veteran designer Andrew Jones nailed it ….great bass & clarity
 
Back
Top Bottom