• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wharfedale Modus One Six vs Klipsch Heresy

frankj389

New Member
Hey all, I need some advice. Recently I've been wanting to upgrade my speakers, and I've been eyeing the Klipsch lineup for basically ever (missed out on a pair of Klipsch Quartets for $300 last week :no:). Anyways, a pair of Wharfedale Modus One Six's showed up on my local CL for $150. I've never heard of this brand or this speaker so was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. They look excellent and have a cherry veneer. Should I pick these up for $150, or save my money and keep my eyes out for a set of Klipch's? I'm only using the speakers for music, not home theater, and listen to genres such as jazz, rock, and psych rock. Thanks for any advice y'all can give! Attached is the set of Wharfedales. https://imgur.com/gallery/PCLIvI7
 
Register to hide this ad
Just my opinion, your's might differ, but that Modus series stunk.

A retailer I was with for seventeen years brought in that line and general opinion was they were laughable. Wharfedale did make some nice speakers like the TSR series but those were from earlier days.

Modus was brought out when home theatre started to get popular and there were corresponding smaller speakers for surround and also a Modus center channel. There were other speakers on hand to sell that sounded (and looked) so much better.

Not sure if it was across the Modus range or just some models, but there was a red LED near the tweeter that glowed if the volume got too high,
 
Last edited:
I run Hereseys in my main vinyl system. If you are a bass lover they may not be for you. My room really accentuates the bottom end, but if you aren't going to place them tight in your corners you may not love them for some rock and psych. Great for jazz though for sure.
 
Back
Top Bottom