• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wharfedale speakers (W70s?) in Central Jersey - should I be leaving now?

Register to hide this ad
Try to get them for $75-100 so you have some room should they leave you disappointed.

I picked up a pair a while back and they were uncharacteristicly bass shy but they normally are quite impressive.

The cabinet finish is Laquer not oil rubbed.

Good luck

Eric
 
I had a set with radio people cabinets. Recapped them with paper in oil caps. Were not quite detailed enough for my tastes. Modern audio caps might have made a difference.
 
Meh - I had a set of W60-D's and I couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Don't know what folks like about these, but I guess that's why there are so many different speakers out there - something for everyone!
 
I have a pair of W60s, but one tweeter tests open. They're in immaculate condition otherwise, and I picked up a nondescript pair of 8" 2-ways with nice walnut veneer that make perfect stands for them. I have some Dayton caps that could be popped in, but I've first got to dig into that tweeter. Is it the same as in other Wharfedale models?
20170423_121940.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom