• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What’s your dream speaker setup?

I heard a pair of Eminent Technology LFT-8Cs last year and really liked them. I think I would be very happy with a pair of those.
i gave honest consideration to them, but for the money, the (barely used) maggie 3.7i seemed the better buy to me.
 
Last edited:
I used to have a friend who worked with Arnie Nudell in his last speaker venture Genesis. He had something similar to these in his relatively small living room. He could not afford them, so he put them together from rejected parts. They are the best I have ever heard. You could almost reach out and touch the musicians in space. Truly amazing.

1763765470976.png
 
I’m asking the way a friend would. Think about the sound, the look, the vibe. Do you picture a clean desk with small studio monitors or a full home-theater setup that shakes the room?
I picture a top floor, corner apartment; a 9 X 11 foot bedroom, the only room not directly sharing a wall with one of my neighbors; a small audio rack flanked by small bookshelf speakers on stands. I picture music playing at about 48-50 dB, occasional peaks near 60 dB, with output falling steeply below 75 Hz. I experience satisfying, multiple-hour listening sessions of chamber music, light jazz, folk and gospel songs--polite, quiet music suited to small spaces--plus happy confirmation from grateful neighbors that my music is never disturbing or intrusive.
Tell me what you’d build if budget wasn’t a problem.”
Your thread title asks, "What's your dream speaker setup?" I'm really not sure. At present, I'm listening to $60 per pair Dayton Audio Classic B40's, and they work pretty well for me. I think I'm experiencing what Dayton promised, "With accurate reproduction worthy of every artist’s intention, the B40 bookshelf speakers provide a balanced sound for smaller spaces."
 
I can dream with the best- The GIANT MBL Radialstrahler speakers... or Wilson Watt/Puppies (or whatever the current huge Wilsons are)............ and since none of this will ever happen, perhaps a JBL Ranger Paragon that has been blessed by Kenrick Sound! :)
 
At one end of the room, these Magicos, because they are the coolest looking things I've ever seen.

Swivel chairs in the middle....

At the other end of the room, 4 pairs arranged with reasonably close coupling, and the ability to switch between them:

- Klipsch Forte IV
- Vandersteen 2ce signature III
- JBL L220
- Boston Acoustics A400


magico j.jpg
 
a09eb26e-f6e1-405d-8d4a-70ee21d5478b.jpg


e3e746f0-c1d0-41ad-ac80-7f73dfa4724d.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom