Hi, I'm a noob here!
I just scored some Crown C-8 speakers at a local thrift store for just $16!:tresbon:
I did a double-take when I saw the Crown logos. I hadn't known that they made speakers, but found some informative threads here at AK.
A big thank you to 70salesguy and others for great postings:
http://http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224831&highlight=Crown+C-8
http://http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245906
The C-8s are three-way speakers with 8 drivers in each box.
They seem to be in excellent shape with all original drivers and only a few minor scratches on the cabinets.
The grills are in good shape too with only a little bit of chrome flaking off one of the Crown badges.
To my cloth ears, they sound pretty good. I know they're rare, but that doesn't always mean something's worth a lot.
I live in Toronto, Canada (sorry 70salesguy!)
Any comments on what these 70's speaker would be worth? Thanks in advance!
I just scored some Crown C-8 speakers at a local thrift store for just $16!:tresbon:
I did a double-take when I saw the Crown logos. I hadn't known that they made speakers, but found some informative threads here at AK.
A big thank you to 70salesguy and others for great postings:
http://http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224831&highlight=Crown+C-8
http://http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245906
The C-8s are three-way speakers with 8 drivers in each box.
They seem to be in excellent shape with all original drivers and only a few minor scratches on the cabinets.
The grills are in good shape too with only a little bit of chrome flaking off one of the Crown badges.
To my cloth ears, they sound pretty good. I know they're rare, but that doesn't always mean something's worth a lot.
I live in Toronto, Canada (sorry 70salesguy!)
Any comments on what these 70's speaker would be worth? Thanks in advance!
Last edited: