• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Are The Best Klipsch You Got Rid Of?

usedto

Lunatic Member
I heard a pair of Khorns back in the late 70s, and swore I'd own a pair some day. Alas, my wallet didn't agree at the time. I didn't buy my first Klipsch - KG4s - until the 90s. They did double duty with my Pioneer HPM 100s for awhile. Then I found a pair of Cornwalls. I loved them.

In 2010 I found a pair of Khorns that fit my budget. Luckily I had the room to keep my other speakers.

After we out the kids through college, it was time to sell the home and business property and move on. In 2018 we found a new home in a nearby town that was everything we wanted. Problem - the Khorns just didn't fit properly.. Ironically, my hearing has taken a hit, so the decision was made to lot the Khorns go and bring the Cornwalls back into the picture.

I miss the Khorns sometimes, but they went to an appreciative new owner, and the Cornwalls more than fill the listening room

At least I got 8 years of use out of them.
 
Register to hide this ad
Guess to answer your question strictly..... also Khorns. But, I didn't have a void with them like you did.....I upgraded them to the Jubilee's and don't miss the Khorns for a nano-second.

Still have my LaScalas that I bought new in 1979.
 
When my room mate and I split we sold the Cornwall 1's 1969 as I remember. I had Bozak. Symphonies with Concert Grands on the way at home or I would have kept them. Then when I remodeled the Master Bed room in the middle or late 80's we got rid of the Hersey's for Boston in wall speakers...
 
Got rid of RF3’s, KG4, KG5.2, and Forte2.
The 89 Fortes were fine in all respects but needed a larger room.
CF4’s are my daily drivers and I have 1986 Heresy2 sitting idle right now.
 
Near mint WO Belles with alk es500 & 5800 networks and de120 tweeters, A55G mids.
If I could buy them back I would build them their room to live in.
 
The only Klipsch I've ever sold were a pair of Cornwalls. I bought them for a great deal to compare to my Scalas. I liked the Scalas better, so they were gone. Ironically I bought a pair of CP-1's, basically industrial Cornwalls, with the money from that sale.
 
Klipschorns but I didn't have enough room for them...the Chorus IIs could really rock but they were big too...and although I have a warm spot for my Heresys I'd have to say the second set of Quartets are a regret that I moved them on...

RB-5s/RB-5 IIs are also a nice consolation for their size and purpose

Bill
 
pair of K-Horns Loaded with Altec 288's JBL Hartsfields horns and Altec 418 woofers, Biamped
 
I forgot about my KG2s. Sat in about 1" of water long enough to ruin the cabs. Disassembled them and put the parts on the bay so that others might survive.
 
I sold my Cornwall IIs to a member here who was more than glad to take them off of my hands. I had moved them out of my apartment and into a basement system that sees little to no use. It was a shame to let them sit there unused. So I parted company with them. As great as they were they were never going to oust the Chorus IIs with the Crites upgrades in my main system here at my house. Heresy IIs now are in the basement rig.
 
I've owned 3 sets of Klipsch, and sold one. La Scalas are in the main rig, KG-2.2 in the kitchen. Sold KG-3.2s to a friend. Liked them when I had them, but don't miss them.
 
Yes, cornies too. And same thing, although I hadn't had them wired up for a few years. Corner horns stayed, they don't fit right with the current house. I, too, thought someone else should get a chance to enjoy them. Even all "Crites-ed-up", I could never quite get used to the MR and HF after hearing great CD horns with Radian 475s. I'm picky and don't want to mislead anyone, so should say that I'd cheerfully run them on a tube amp in my current house where corner horns are hard pressed to fit. And, full disclaimer, mine were '81s. By all accounts, the newer cornies have improved everything I had issues with. I kept mine for 8 years, and I think cornies are a rite of passage, or should be. They taught me more stuff...
 
An old, beat-up pair of Belles with ALK universal xovers. They were butt ugly and sounded glorious with a pair of MC-30s.
 
Chorus 1 and KG4.

If I was allowed to have only one returned, I'd pick the KG4 for their versatility and they don't injure your back when you move them.

Snade
 
Fortes II went to a good friend. He loved them. I replaced them with Cornwall's that I built. Both of us were happy with out come.
 
Back
Top Bottom